Mike’s Sewing Machine Repairs proudly offers a 3-month warranty on work that we have carried out on your machine, and on any new parts supplied and installed by us. The details for this warranty are:
- A repair to a particular aspect of the machine, is the only aspect of the machine covered under warranty
- Your warranty begins from the completion date of your machine repair, and we recommend sewing with your machine as soon as possible to be certain that you are happy with our work
- Your warranty is void if you misuse your machine
- Your warranty IS transferrable within the 3-month time-frame
- Please be sure to keep your repair report and receipt
Exclusions from Our Warranty
It’s important that you understand that the following items are excluded from your warranty:
- External items are excluded from you warranty ie: parts not supplied by us, second hand parts, and external accessories considered by the manufacturer to be excluded from their new machine warranty including foot controls, sewing feet, needle plates and needle threaders.
- Your machine’s electronics are excluded from your warranty – please read our special note below for older electronic machines
- Your machine’s motor is excluded from your warranty – please read our special note below for older mechanical machine motors
- User error is excluded from your warranty – if you have had a mishap, or have set up the machine incorrectly, damage or necessary adjustments to make your machine work again, are excluded from your warranty
Our Warranty as it Applies to Older Electronic Machines
If you have booked in your older electronic machine, that is a machine with any sort of electronic display screen that is over 15 years old, please read the following information carefully.
For any model of sewing machine, embroidery machine or overlocker that we service, we DO NOT do any physical work on electronic components – these are almost always a stand-alone part, and are often sealed-units, that we do not engage with in any way, other than to completely remove and replace them to address a failure. As a result, our warranty does not apply to any electronic components of your sewing machines.
How does this effect you? Sadly, the electronic technology of any sewing machine has a lifespan that is shorter than that of its mechanical components. As a machine ages, there will eventually be a time when the electronic components fail, and unfortunately there is no rhyme or reason as to why or when this will happen. If your machine is greater than 15 years old, we would like to bring to your attention that its electronic components are at a greater risk of failing. To extend the life of your machine, we always advise that when sewing, you keep in mind that your older machine won’t endure the same speed and sewing challenges as a newer one will, simply because all of the non-metal parts of their components, including boards and motors, are now well past the survivable expectation of the manufacturer.
We are providing you with this information so that you can make an informed decision about going ahead with your machine’s service. While we will happily offer a 3-month warranty on the labour that we have carried out on the mechanics of your machine, there will be a time in the future, near or far, that the electronics of the machine (that – as mentioned above – are NOT covered by our warranty) will fail.
Our Warranty as it Applies to Older Mechanical Machines
Similarly to electronic components of your sewing machine, your sewing machine’s motor is also a sealed unit and as such we do not do any repair work to your motor, except on occasion where we feel your motor is failing and in this instance we will organise a replacement in consultation with you. It is important to understand that because we do not do any work on your motor, there is no warranty on your motor as part of your service. If you have a new motor supplied, this will be covered by our 3-month warranty.
Sadly, an older motor can fail, most especially if your sewing machine has been unused for a long time, and is then used with great enthusiasm. To extend the life of your machine, it is best to keep in mind that your older machine won’t endure the same speed and sewing challenges as a new one will, and we recommend that you sew with a gentle touch.
Changed Your Mind About Your Service
If you have read this warranty information and feel that you do not wish to go ahead with the expense of a service, we completely understand – simply give us a call and let us know within 5 days of your booking, and we will cancel your service with a full refund of your deposit. Or, feel free to give us a call to clarify this point: 5359 7177
We are more than happy to help you with any concerns that you may have about your machine – feel free to give us a call for a chat: 5359 7177.