Beginner’s sewing classes are our favourite thing. Learn how to use your embroidery machine, build-up some dressmaking skills, or get out the house for a couple of hours to do something for yourself? At Mike’s we have a bright classroom and lots of little classes with no more than 4 students, so you have plenty of space and heaps of attention.
You’ll always find Penny teaching lots of “how to” technique workshops but we have lots of local Guest Tutors bringing their own ideas and projects too. Our gang of friendly Guest Tutors this class list includes:
- Cheryl from Heidi Ho Patterns teaching skill-building classes and patchwork projects,
- Trish our NEW dressmaking tutor from Learn to Sew with Trish
- Aly from Coloured Raiin with fibre art classes
- Sylvia loves teaching machine embroidery projects
- Cindy from Expressive Textiles knows the Artistic Edge inside and out
If you are interested in joining us as a Guest Tutor, please give Penny a call for a chat: 0417 649 685
To join in on a class or ask us a question: 0417 649 685, and remember, these classes are perfect for beginners and any size sewing machine.
Or…are you looking for a private sewing class or computer class with a little more attention? Mike’s Sewing Machine Repairs specializes in quality, 1-on-1 lessons especially for nervous beginners, with Penny teaching a variety of topics including:
- overlocker lessons
- sewing machine lessons
- embroidery machine lessons
- embroidery software lessons
- ScanNCut lessons
- sewing technique lessons
- Google know-how lessons
- internet navigation lessons
- Microsoft office lessons
- email lessons
- file management lessons
- general computer lessons
- Facebook (What’s This?)lessons – we can even set up an account for you to get you started
- Pinterest (What’s This?) lessons – we can even set up an account for you to get you started
- home-school groups (covering PC or sewing topics) **Penny has a Bluecard
- lots more available upon request
Private lessons with Penny are $45 for 1 hour in our classroom in our new, bigger store. Lesson times are available right through the week and on Saturdays, or if you’re busy during the day, appointments can be made after-hours for $60 per hour.
To find out more about our private lessons with Penny, please give us a call: 0417 649 685 or Click HERE to BOOK.
**important to note – please check that your machines for class are in working order, or that computers have their power supply or the correct security items activated for software, prior to your lesson. Unfortunately, should Penny be unable to complete a lesson because of an issue with your devices, the normal lesson fee is still payable.
Classes and Covid-19 Precautions
At Mike’s we are very aware of how careful everyone needs to be during Covid-19 and we greatly respect all social distancing measures and recommendations. For our classes, we will be spacing tables so that appropriate distance is between students, providing a large open are to work in, keeping hand sanitizer on hand at all work stations, and regularly cleaning shared surfaces. The maximum capacity in our store is 14 however we will be keeping our classes capped to a maximum of 6 students.