Our new sewing lesson class list is for September and October is HERE!
Looking for a beginner’s sewing lesson, how to use your embroidery machine, to build some dressmaking skills, or just for a nice way to get out for the house for a couple of hours? At Mike’s we have a bright classroom, and lots of little classes with no more than 4 students, so you have plenty of space and heaps of attention. Penny teaches lots of “how to” workshops, and we have lots of local tutors bringing their own ideas and projects as well.
Our special guests tutors this class list include:
- Cheryl from Heidi Ho Patterns teaching skill-building classes and patchwork projects,
- Ann from Smart D’sign Embroidery with lots of beginner’s in-the-hoop machine embroidery classes
- Gill from Catamation with her unique craft twist on Halloween
- Trish our NEW dressmaking tutor from Learn to Sew with Trish
- Hester from Sublime Embroidery with some handy little embroidery projects
- and Kerri from Kerri’s Crochet and Creations to teach a fun beginner’s crochet project
We are also very excited to have Alana from A Passion for Vinyl Australia as our Shop-On-In pop-up shop on Sunday 25th October, bringing lots of pieces of sewing vinyl, and yards and yards of zipper by the metre.
Download our September and October Class List HERE, and give us a call to book a class or ask us a question: 0417 649 685, and remember, these classes are perfect for beginners with small sewing machines.
Or…are you looking for a private sewing class or computer class with a little more attention? Mike’s Sewing Machine Repairs specializes in quality, 1-on-1 lessons especially for nervous beginners, with Penny teaching a variety of topics including:
- overlocker lessons
- sewing machine lessons
- embroidery machine lessons
- embroidery software lessons
- ScanNCut lessons
- sewing technique lessons
- Google know-how lessons
- internet navigation lessons
- Microsoft office lessons
- email lessons
- file management lessons
- general computer lessons
- Facebook (What’s This?)lessons – we can even set up an account for you to get you started
- Pinterest (What’s This?) lessons – we can even set up an account for you to get you started
- home-school groups (covering PC or sewing topics) **Penny has a Bluecard
- lots more available upon request
Private lessons with Penny are $45 for 1 hour in our classroom in our new, bigger store. Lesson times are available right through the week and on Saturdays, or if you’re busy during the day, appointments can be made after-hours for $60 per hour.
To find out more about our private lessons, or to book a date, please give Penny a call: 0417 649 685
**important to note – please check that your machines for class are in working order, or that computers have their power supply or the correct security items activated for software, prior to your lesson. Unfortunately, should Penny be unable to complete a lesson because of an issue with your devices, the normal lesson fee is still payable.
Classes and Covid-19 Precautions
At Mike’s we are very aware of how careful everyone needs to be during Covid-19 and we greatly respect all social distancing measures and recommendations. For our classes, we will be spacing tables so that appropriate distance is between students, providing a large open are to work in, keeping hand sanitizer on hand at all work stations, and regularly cleaning shared surfaces. The maximum capacity in our store is 14 however we will be keeping our classes capped to a maximum of 6 students.